Interesting Facts about Flies
About 110000 fly species are there around the globe. Their population depends upon available harborage area, temperature, humidity etc. flies are more active during day time & rest at night on ceiling fan, wires, walls, windows etc. favorable environment for flies are temperature range 25-35 oC with low humidity in air. They can’t survive above 45 oC or below 10 oC.
- Their infestation is more in days due to having fast reproductive cycle, may be completed in a week. House fly may lay 500 eggs every four days repeat in life span of mostly 20-25 days but sometimes two months.
- They don’t have chewing mouth parts due to that their saliva has some enzymes may convert solid food into sponge like liquid which absorbed by them.
- Their taste sensors are below feet of them.
- Important part of environment by enhancing decomposing process and adding nutrients to soil for crops and plants.
- They may helpful in forensic investigation at crime scene.
- Some species may have important role in pollination cycle.
Some common flies are:
- House Fly
- Fruit Fly
- Sand Fly
- Horse Fly
- Drain Fly
- Stable Fly
- Flash Fly
- Black Fly
- Animal Manure
- Garbage Drums
- Dust Bins
Public health impact:
- Flies can transmit various food borne diseases.
- They can manipulate food.
- They can cause nuisance.
Control measures: Various IPM techniques may use to control flies,
- Environmental Control: It’s a very important curative or preventive technique to remove all manure, garbage and rotten decaying material.
- Physical control: Different traps can be used like glue sheet, glue trap, ribbon trap, electric traps etc.
- Chemical control: Different chemical options can be used
If you are searching a best and trusted pest control company that solve your pests problem, than contact now us, We are one of the leading trusted agency that provide you complete pest control services in Abu Dhabi at best prices.